Date of post: March 2, 2021
On March 2, 2021, the Ontario Government announces that more Express Entry candidates with skilled work experience in business, finance, human resources, and health care will receive an invitation to apply for Ontario’s nomination.
On February 16, 2021, Ontario invited computer-technology-related Express Entry candidates for the nomination application. For more information, please read our news article “Ontario’s nomination helps technology workers immigrate to Canada.”
The Ontario government sends out the invitations directly to candidates’ Express Entry accounts. Those who receive an invitation can apply for a nomination from the Ontario government.
To be eligible for a nomination, the candidates must meet the Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream eligibility criteria.
Who will receive the nomination invitation this time?
This March 2, 2021 nomination invitation targets the following occupations under the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
- Banking, credit and other investment managers (NOC 0122, Skill type 0)
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (NOC 0124, Skill type 0)
- Other business services managers (NOC 0125, Skill type 0)
- Corporate sales managers (NOC 0601, Skill type 0)
- Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111, Skill Level A)
- Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112, Skill Level A)
- Human resources professionals (NOC 1121, Skill Level A)
- Professional occupations in business management consulting (NOC 1122, Skill Level A)
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012, Skill Level A)
- Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (NOC 4163, Skill Level A).
Further, the candidates must be eligible for one of the following programs under the Express Entry:
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program, and
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score and Ontario nomination
The Ontario government sends nomination invitations to the Express Entry candidates whose CRS is between 463 and 467.
On February 13, 2021, the Canadian government invited a record-breaking amount (more than 27,000) of CEC candidates under Express Entry to apply for permanent residency. The lowest cut-off score was 75. Read my article “Canadian Government launches most Express Entry invitations in history” for more information.
Further, the most recent Express Entry draw dated December 23, 2020 for Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) candidates required the lowest cut-off score of 468.
Candidates who are successful in their nomination applications will be able to add a 600 (CRS) score to their Express Entry profile. This almost guarantees a receipt of an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in the next Express Entry draw.
What do we do?
We help LGBTQ community members immigrate to Canada.
If you have any questions about this article, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Contact page.
Please share this article if you think it is helpful.
If you wish to receive our monthly newsletter, please subscribe below.
2021 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program updates
OINP Express Entry Notifications of Interest
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system
Find your NOC