According to the OLRB’s website, One of the most important powers of the OLRB is trade unions and collective bargaining agents are verified by the OLRB.
In addition, the OLRB also holds hearings for the following matters:
- Appeals of Employment Standards Officer under the Employment Standards Act, and
- Reprisals under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
You might need to go to OLRB if one of your issues falls under the following categories:
- Appealing a decision made by an Employment Standards Officer of the Ministry of Labour under the Employment Standards Act,
- Filing a claim for reprisals under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and
- Filing a claim under the Labour Relations Act.