If you believe you have been penalized because you exercise your rights under the OHSA, the following two solutions are available for you:
- Negotiating with the employer, or
- File a claim with the Ontario Labour Relations Board (OLRB).
The possible remedies you might receive from the OLRB include:
- Remove or change any penalty the employer may have imposed,
- reinstate/rehire you, and/or
- Compensate you for related losses.
You may also contact us and inquire for more information about what we could do.