You may apply for permanent residency as a self-employed person. If you have one of the following experiences, you may be a self-employed person:
1. Work experience obtained when you have taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level, or
2. Work experience obtained when you have been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics.
Cultural activities include but not limited to one of the followings:
1. authors and writers,
2. creative and performing artists,
5. sculptors and other visual artists,
6. technical support and other jobs in motion pictures,
7. creative designers and
To be eligible for this program, you must have obtained at least 2 years of qualified work experience within the past 5 years. Furthermore, you shall demonstrate your language skills and educational background.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) assesses your eligibility based on a set of criteria that include your work experience, education, age, language abilities, and adaptability. You will receive a score based on your qualifications. You must score at least 35 to be eligible for this program.
If you are self-employed but not eligible for this program. You may wish to discover other programs under the Provincial/Territorial Nominee Programs (PNP). Many of the PNP streams offer immigration opportunities for self-employed entrepreneurs.
WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP YOU
To successfully apply for permanent residency, you shall ensure that you meet all of the requirements for the Self-employed Person program and thoroughly address any potential inadmissibility issues. We personalize our services for you based on the information and circumstances pertaining to your application, which may include any of the followings:
1. Help you determine whether you are eligible for the self-employed person program,
2. If you are not eligible at the time you retain us, we will provide you with advice as to how to meet the eligibility requirements,
3. Help you identify potential inadmissibility issues and address them properly,
4. Help you gather the supporting documents required for your application. If the supporting documents are not available, we will provide you with advice as to how to preserve them,
5. Provide other advice and instructions as needed, and
6. Complete, prepare, organize, and submit your application on your behalf.
Book an appointment for an initial assessment today.