Updated on: January 13, 2020
Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using LegalRoots website (www.legalroots.ca) operated by LegalRoots Legal Services Professional Corporation (“we”, “us”, or “our”)
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with the Terms hereinafter. These terms apply to all users of our website.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms then you may not access the Service.
To promote access to justice, we offer an initial free in-person consultation to our potential clients. If you are an existing client and have a new matter, you may also receive a free consultation.
The free consultation is up to 30 minutes. If you require more time after the free consultation, there will be a $10.00 per 5 minutes fee.
How to book a free consultation
You may book a free consultation via phone call, email, or web message.
To book a free consultation, please provide us:
- your full name,
- telephone/cellphone number,
- email address,
- the nature of your matter, and
- the name of other parties who are involved in your disputes.
If you do not disclose the above information, we may ask you to provide us or reject your booking.
Occasionally, people may request a free consultation on behalf of the individual or company that is in dispute. In such a case, the individual or company will be no longer eligible for another free consultation.
What will be happening during the free consultation
- You have an opportunity to speak to us openly with focuses on what your issue is, when the issue came to your knowledge, where the issue occurred, and steps have been taken to solve your issue.
- We may have further questions for you to understand your issue.
- We will answer your questions with regard to the court/tribunal procedures and general legal information only.
- We will help you determine the best solution to solve your issue and our service that is suitable for your needs.
- if you are interested in retaining us, we will explain to you the following steps.
What WILL NOT be included during the free consultation
- We will not be providing legal advice and/or strategies on how you may solve your issue,
- We will not be reviewing documents you may have.
- We will not be providing any information that is not legal services related or out of our scope of services that you can find it below.
Free consultation by telephone
Clients are required to attend in-person free consultation. We may only offer free consultation by telephone when you do not reside in Toronto or GTA.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
We provide vast legal information on the FAQs page of our website as a courtesy for our website users. The legal information found on our website shall not be treated as legal advice unless you have consulted with us. Any legal information on our website shall not be used in any legal proceedings that you are involved in.
SCOPE OF OUR SERVICES
We offer the following paid legal services in relation to:
- Small Claims,
- Human Rights,
- Order Enforcement,
- Legal Correspondence,
- Commissioning Documents, and
- Legal Consultation.
We may decline your access to our services if any of the following conditions is met:
- Your request is out of our specialties,
- Your request is illegal,
- You refuse to accept our Terms of Service,
- You refuse to answer reasonable questions or provide necessary information during working with us
- You have already been working with other legal representatives, or
- You act hostile, disrespectful, or malicious.
OUR LEGAL FEES
Our legal fees may be in one of the following two formats
- a flat fee, and
- an hourly rate.
In addition, HST will apply to our legal fees.
We do not accept “No win, no fee” and contingency fee.
Upon retaining us, you are required to pay a retainer. The retainer is a condition for us to commence working on your matter. The retainer is a set amount of money that will be deposited in our trust account.
Generally, you will receive updates on your matter on a bi-weekly basis. Alternatively, you may receive updates anytime when there is a development on your matter.
You will receive our invoice on the 25th of each month. Upon receipt of our invoice, we will be transferring your trust funds.
A paralegal-client relationship becomes existing when we have agreed to provide legal advice and have given a client such advice. Therefore, free consultation does not result in a paralegal-client relationship because legal advice is not involved during the course of free consultation.
If a paralegal-client relationship has formed, the information shared by the client to us is subject to the protection of paralegal-client privilege.